The Best Stain-Prevention Tips By Granite Brothers
Most first-timers frequently wish to know whether granite stains, a simple enough question, but one with many misleading answers on the internet. We’re here to help you out!
Granite can occasionally stain, but it’s not a common situation. It is less porous than most other natural stones like marble, making it comparatively more resistant to water absorption and damage. This feature is what makes it so popular a choice in the exterior construction os building. Liquid spills on sealed granite can commonly stay on the stones surface for a few minutes and will dry back out within 15-20 minutes in case of unsealed granite surfaces.
In certain situations like oil or grease spills, there is a much greater chance of the spill leaving a stain. Still, even in such a condition, the stain won’t necessarily have to be permanent, since most stains can be easily cleaned away with topical pastes that absorb any liquid left in the granite.
Sealing your granite counters properly further reduces the probability of stains, with the added benefit of preventing temporary dark spots and water rings.
At Granite Brothers, we use a unique high-quality sealer made with advanced nanotechnology which makes it super effective for around 15 years! Our sealer is alcohol-based and can properly fill a granite pores to essentially stop any liquids from being absorbed by your surfaces. We guarantee our sealer will maintain your granite’s beautiful look while making cleanup easier and your surface completely stain-free!
We follow common basic sealing procedures and ensure your granite is sealed immediately after being installed so that we can provide you with instant protection. You can easily repeat the procedure yourself at your own time and pace after that so that you can make sure your granite keeps its new sheen for the next few years. How By following these small steps:
- Clean your granite surfaces clear water and makes sure to dry them properly and completely.
- Agitate the sealer and use a good amount on the entire surface area of the counters by applying it with clean paint rollers. Paper towels and paintbrushes help you apply the dealers to the sides and corners easily). The main goal is to have your sealer applied to every part of the granite counter.
- Allow the sealer to soak be absorbed into the stone for about 15 minutes, after which you have to wipe the surface with a clean cloth completely.
- For surfaces that are much easier to stain such as white granite, we suggest putting on a second coat of sealer 48 hours after the application of the first layer.
- The counters should be perfectly wiped with towels to clothes to make sure any excess sealer that hasn’t been absorbed by the stone is efficiently removed
- Let the granite sit for 24 hours before use.
- Clean any applicators and wiping material with water and then keep in any clean storing facility afterwards.
Our Granite Brothers cleaner spray can clean, polish and even add a minute amount of sealer to ensure no unsealed spots remain on your granite counters, making it the perfect cleaning spray for everyday use.
If you want to upgrade your home I will suggest you use our Natural or Quartz stones tops in your home, we offer the largest selection of countertops stones. Hurry and set up a free in-home consultation at Granite Brothers by calling 508-925-0431 no obligation free estimates. We will offer you premium quality, at an affordable price.We will deliver the best service in the industry and our clients are raving about working with us check out our testimonials. We also offer an excellent selection of Wholesale Kitchen cabinets and RTA cabinets in Massachusetts and take the opportunity of our Free Kitchen design when you purchase a new kitchen from us.