Granite is a natural rock which is formed by the volcanic magma. It has gained prominence in online business. It is the top choice in home designing, for decoration purposes.Granite countertops are attractive and makes the room more appealing with its stunning finish
# Tips For Using Granite Countertops In Boston:
1. Standard Maintenance Of Granite Countertops
It is easy to clean and maintain granite though you may have to be a bit fussy as it relates to this aspect. Proper care and maintenance will keep your countertops looking brand new for decades. Here are a few tips to caring for your granite countertop:
- It is best to wipe up spills quickly.
- Avoid leaving wet glasses, pots, cans or other items from sitting on the bare countertops for long periods of time. It is best to coasters if you need to.
- You can place a hot pan directly on your countertop and it should be fine. While the granite is perfectly capable of enduring high temperature, there is one caveat: intense differences in temperatures (think cold stone and hot pan) can cause thermal shock which may cause hairline cracks which can get worse over time.
- To clean minor spills, use a damp sponge or cloth. This will also loosen any dirt present.
- Using dish soap may cause a residue to build up that may eventually diminish the granites luster.
- Sharp knifes can damage the sealer so always use a cutting board to prevent this. Once the sealer is damaged, this will make the countertops vulnerable to stains
- Accidents do happen, so invest in a granite cleaning stain remover just in case.
- Avoid generic cleaners; Try to use only products formulated for use on granite countertops
- Do not use cleaners with ammonia, vinegar, citrus or scrubbing additives on granite
- If you have a liquid soap dispenser, always place a plate or tray beneath it to prevent any form of staining.
2. Periodic Upkeep
When we purchase anything we ask for a guarantee, but the task of maintenance is your responsibility.
The sealant helps keep the granite free from stains and other damages so it is recommended that you reapply sealant at least once a year. To know if it’s time to reapply sealant, all you have to do is splash a few drops of water on the surface in different sections. If the water beads up, then your countertop is in great shape. if not, then it’s time to reseal which is a simple process that you can do yourself or if you prefer, feel free to call in the professionals again.
One more thing you should also check if it has broken or any stains or scratches. If any of this happened you should consult it with the stone care specialist to go about fixing it. If you see any damages, it is best you take care of it ASAP versus waiting and worsening the situation.
If you want to upgrade your home I will suggest you use our Natural or Quartz stones tops in your home, we offer the largest selection of countertops stones. Hurry and set up a free in-home consultation at Granite Brothers by calling 508-925-0431 no obligation free estimates. We will offer you premium quality, at an affordable price.We will deliver the best service in the industry and our clients are raving about working with us check out our testimonials. We also offer an excellent selection of Wholesale Kitchen cabinets and RTA cabinets in Massachusetts and take the opportunity of our Free Kitchen design when you purchase a new kitchen from us.